In 1976, Ken started his business, Arrow, making surfboards in Australia.
Three years later they moved back to Guam, where Ken started the company Da Kine, selling surfing gear. They moved to Hawaii, where Ken continued to make Arrow surfboards and later sold Da Kine. In 1981, they settled back on Guam. Ken began fishing on a regular basis in 1984 and was fishing full time by 1987. He was won or placed in many local fishing derbys and has gained extensive wisdom and knowledge of Guam’s coastlines, under water topography, fishing spots and weather conditions. He has been fishing full time for over 20 years now.
Some of Captain Ken Pier’s accomplishments are:
- Team Gold Medal Spearfishing Micronesian Games 1998 in Palau
- Team 4th Place Spearfishing South Pacific Games 1999 in Guam
- Team Silver Medal Spearfishing Micronesian Games in Ponape
- 3rd Place Guahan Napu Rick’s Reef Surfing Competition 2008
- 4th Place 31st Annual Guam Rota Race 2008 sailing the Rubicon
- 1st Place Guahan Napu Rick’s Reef Surfing Competition (long board) 2012
- 4th Place 2012 Annual Guam-Rota Race sailing the Rubicon
- 3rd Place 2013 Annual Guam-Rota Race sailing the Rubicon
- 1st Place 2013 Ricks Reef Classic Surfing Competition (longboard)
- Thousands of miles long distance sailing in the Pacific Ocean, South China Sea, and the Phillipine Sea
- 2nd Place 2014 Surf the Basin 6 Men’s Longboard Open
- 3rd Place 2015 Rick’s Reef Classic Surf Contest, Open Longboard
- 1st Place 2015 Rick’s Reef Classic Surf Contest, Men’s Short Board Master’s